Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I always learn the hard way

So..... I'm 25. At this point in my life, I am on the road to self discovery. Figuring out who I am, who I want to be, how I think and how I act.  I know I should have started this years ago, but I was too busy.  
That's a lie. I just didn't want to.
Anyway, growing up, my mom always called me a pessimist. I'm guessing its because I am generally a pretty negative person.  I just thought I was being a Realist.  I also get annoyed often and that has been my biggest struggle thus far. I just have to remind myself that it will all be okay, take a deep breath and just shake it off (T. Swift 1989).  So now at the bitter age of 25, I am painfully learning that just isn't going to fly anymore.  I never thought I would say this but, I actually want to start being positive.  about EVERYTHING! but probably not everything.  I want to try and be a better daughter, aunt, sister, friend and stranger.  I definitely learn some tough lessons along the way.
Which brings me to what happened last night....

On Saturday afternoon, I called CVS pharmacy to refill a prescription because I procrastinated and waited until the very last day.  The pharmacist had told me on my prior visit, that I had one refill left.  Apparently that was not the case.  Then they told me I had to wait until Monday.  Now, this is not a big deal.  Or it shouldn't have been a big deal.  But to me, it was just another annoying thing, and forgetting that I was trying to be positive, I may have been a little rude to the pharmacist on the phone.  I just don't like people telling me there is nothing they can do.  What do you mean there's nothing you can do?! After some conversation he said he would call my doctor and have it Monday. But I'm pretty sure I ended the conversation with a thanks for nothing!

I get the call on last night from the CVS by my house that my prescription is ready.  Procrastinating once again, I wait until 9:30 to go.  I mean, it is right down the street, I didn't need that much time.  I pull up to the window and they look up my info and then the guy tells me the refill was sent to another location 7 miles away!! I saw that pharmacist I talked to, in the background and I thought, I bet he did that on purpose.... Realizing I'm short on time, I head to the other location.  After waiting almost 10 minutes in line, I give the lady at the window my info again and she looks it up.  It seems to be taking a minute...  Interesting. The lady returns and tells me that it was sent to a different location 3 miles away from that!!! hmmm... INTERESTING!!  At this point I really want to punch someone but obviously it isn't this poor lady's fault so I just smile. Such a big smile, tell her thank you and I drive away with approximately 9 minutes to get to my destination.  I pull up to the window. AGAIN.  Give the guy my info. AGAIN. But this time, It's there!!! halle-freaking-lujah!!!! I'm sure the guy did not care about my night but I told him how my pharmacist was out to get me and how he sent me on a wild goose chase.

Was this karma? Coincidence? Intentional? I have no idea but either way, I am taking it as a sign that when you are rude to people, you get sent 14 miles out of your way with a ticking clock.  As I drove away I just had to laugh to myself.  I felt that was the only thing that seemed necessary because if the pharmacist was the reason for this mix-up, it was pretty clever.  

I'm greeted by my lovely fur babies when I get home and I realize that everything going to be alright, but last night, I learned the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment